Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Thought You Were ...

Swollen, close to Broken
Take my hands in yours
Make this all worth while
Slit the lies with a knife
Take down your troubles
Alone in the darkness
Night falls around you
Where has the light gone?

2 years now
And you can never see me
The way you used to
Strong enough to move on
Weak enough to remember
Who I was around you

Keeping up with you
Kept me short of breath
Never realizing the damage
Being one with all your sin
I can not be your savior
Watching you drink again
I thought you were my Father
Why can’t I remember?

These are the years
Defining who I am
You are a dark shadow
Hovering around my past
And I’m not letting you back in

You are not who I am
Without you I am complete
This is just a sorry mess
That you left me when I was young

Now that I am grown
I am grown
I am strong
Defended by myself
You can’t hurt me.

And last time
Is the last time
You will ever see my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment